D&D Monday morning speedlinking
It’s Monday morning and you’re trying to figure if you look as dejected as everyone else in the bus/train/space shuttle? You turn on your computer and open a bunch of application but don’t plan to do any work any time soon? Well, spend some time checking out these links. And don’t worry about your zombie facial expression – coffee will take care of that!
- WOTC released the new d20 documents – the game system license and (GSL) and system reference document (SRD). I have some thoughts of this but don’t have enough space here. Soon…
- Encounter-A-Day keeps churning out the great ideas. This week I had fun perusing their setting seeds.
- The Gnome Stew has never tasted better. Week after week it is delicious. This week I enjoyed a serving of running super short games. You can probably adapt the article – written with conventions in mind – for your weekly games.
- Hack/ offers a D&D 4E point buy calculator.
- Have you been pwned by Expy’s quizzes on famous dragons (Futs-Lung, Fafnir)? You might want to read about dragons around the world.
- Critical Hits just posted the fifth installment of the Pain of Campaigning series:
- The Pain of Campaigning I: Story and Pre-Game Decisions
- The Pain of Campaigning II: Starting the Game
- The Pain of Campaigning III: The Plot Thickens
- The Pain of Campaigning IV: Put a Little Politics in it
- Pain of Campaigning V: Suitable Villains – and I also just wrote a guide to uber-villains.
Non-D&D link of the week
- Non-D&D link of the week from Mr. Gnome: the sickest pictures in gaming!