Summer is here! (summer 08 preview and the links)Written by Expy - Published on June 8, 2008
Ah! Summer! I just spent last week-end stranded in a rustic cabin in Haena, on the north shore of Kauai. I realize that I’m addicted to information when I get away for a week-end. No phone, no computer – it was epic.
Talking about epic… D&D 4th edition came out. Are your characters epic-tier yet? What are you waiting for. Just kidding – take your time, but you can still wonder how fast your characters should level up.
Anyhow, here’s what will be happening on Dungeon Mastering this summer
Summer 08 preview
- Pimp My Character becomes a monthly feature, with one or two custom character sketches being handed out by AvatarArt each month. Check out the first installment of the series if you missed it: the magical thief
- Dungeon Mastering’s design will keep improving, focusing on usability and implementing all the great ideas you guys suggest. Email me anything you like or dislike about the site. It helps me make the website better. firstname.lastname@example.org
- The ongoing usability improvements means the site will slightly less articles per week on average – the Sunday Quiz, the Monday speedlinking, and 1 or 2 others. Until I come back to writing as much as usual, check out Gnome Stew for a lot of Game Mastering goodies when you’re having withdrawals.
- The Goblin Polymorph department is now open. If you happen to be the victim of a shapechanging spell and now are a goblin, well, email us at email@example.com.
- GenCon is just around the corner and I’ll be scheduling a few friendly games with readers, keeping most of my time open, just winging it. Hope to see you there.
- I know Chatty DM and Martin Ralya have thoughts on the newly released D&D books. Check out:
- Chatty’s initial thoughts on 4e
- Chatty’s playing 4e already
- Chatty’s 4e musings
- A GM’s first impressions of D&D 4e from Gnome Stew’s Martin Ralya