Appreciating a dragon
Yesterday was Appreciate a dragon day and I was lucky enough to spend the evening in good (but evil) company. Yes – that is a young lady red dragon. I had to come up with a “I can handle the heat” pick-up line to get her to talk to me. Don’t tell my girlfriend! We set off a few firecrackers, rented a movie, and chillaxed with a glass of – what else – red wine.
You can celebrate too!
If you haven’t celebrated Appreciate A Dragon day as fully as you would have liked, well, it’s not too late. Dragons are compliment junkies and will be happy to be appreciated anytime – even next week-end.
- Play D&D and incorporate a dragon into your current campaign.
- Invite a friend to try Dungeons & Dragons for the first time.
- Show your appreciation for Fourth Edition’s new metallic dragons by “friending” the Adamantine dragon on Facebook and giving him gifts.
- Visit Enworld.com or other D&D fan sites and share stories of how you’ve used dragons in your 3.5 campaign.
- Google “dragon” and see what shows up! Read about the way dragons have infiltrated popular culture and some of the classic dragon myths.
- Pop some popcorn and watch movies about dragons, both the friendly and unfriendly varieties:
- Puff the magic dragon, Dragon Heart, Eragon, Dragonlance, Reign of Fire, the Shrek series, Pete’s Dragon
- Pull out your old Halloween costume and dress like a dragon.
All right, back to my date…